Alpago Chalets (Casere): luxury alpine accommodation from the heart of Veneto
According to the Venice department of statistics, Alpago hosts on average seventeen thousand visitors every year. This dataset only takes into account those who spend at least one night in a registered hotel, and does not consider the one-day “hit and run” tourists on weekends, as well as the owners of holiday homes who do not appear in statistical data.
While the average tourist usually wants to stay at campsites, hotels or farmhouses, an increasingly significant segment of tourists is looking for experiences of luxury, comfort and in close contact with nature. This phenomenon has been further propelled by the 2020 pandemic, pushing more and more people to seek green spaces and relaxation out of overcrowded urban centres.
Starting from 2017 and 2018, some Alpago entrepreneurs have begun to intercept demand for this luxury trend through investments aimed at the recovery of rural buildings and agricultural properties in panoramic positions, converting them into Chalets and Luxury accommodations.
Luxury Chalet in Alpago: a perfect mix between B&B, Farmstay and Holiday Rental
The main area in which these luxury accommodations are located roughly coincides with the town of San Martino, near Chies d’Alpago.
Let’s have a deep dive below and explore all chalets and their characteristics.
Potrebbe anche interessarti: Le Migliori Ville, Casere e Appartamenti di Lusso in Alpago
Casera Degnona (Chalet Degnona)
“Casera Degnona” covers an area of about 120 square meters, it is equipped with free wifi and can accommodate up to six people. The accommodation is easily accessible from the town of San Martino.
Services and amenities of “Casera Degnona”:
- Hob, dishwasher, fridge and oven
- Living room with LCD TV, sofa and wooden table
- Ground floor bathroom with washing machine
- Two bedrooms with private bathroom, shower and LCD TV
- Jacuzzi near the bed with panoramic view (only in one room)
- Spacious garden equipped with wooden table, benches and barbecue area
Interesting fact: in the surroundings of “casera Degnona” you can sometimes spot roaming deer.
Casera Cornolera (Chalet Cornolera)
“Casera Cornolera” can accommodate up to seven people, it covers an area of about 150 square meters and offers free wifi. Also in this case, the Chalet can be reached from the town of San Martino.
Services and amenities included in Casera Cornolera:
- Outdoor sauna and tub
- Living area and dining room with modern appliances (microwave, dishwasher, etc.)
- Three bedrooms in total, one on the ground floor with two single beds and bathroom with washing machine, two bedrooms on the upper floor with panoramic views
- Private ensuite bathroom in each room with shower
- Outdoor wooden table for barbecues, lunches and dinners
Interesting fact: the name “Cornolera” derives from the Venetian word “Cornolér”, which refers to a type of local wood characterized by red berries. The town of Cornei also takes its name from the same plant.
Casera Moda (Chalet Moda)
Casera Moda is slightly smaller than the others. Its 80 square meters can ideally accommodate up to 4 people. The Chalet comes with free wifi and can be easily reached from San Martino.
Amenities in Casera Moda:
- Ideal for couples, families or small groups of friends
- Living area with stone fireplace, appliances, microwave, freezer and hob
- A double bedroom with a sofa bed that converts into a bunk bed.
- A wooden staircase extends from the bedroom to the mezzanine where there are two additional single beds.
- A bathroom with shower for the entire accommodation
- Large outdoor garden
Interesting fact: during the summer you can often get a close lookup of paragliders flying across from Monte Dolada.
Casera Pian Grand (Chalet Pian Grand)
The smallest chalet of the series, with its 30 square meters can accommodate up to three people. The “Casera” comes with free wifi and can be swiftly reached from the town of San Martino.
Services and amenities in Casera Pian Grand:
- A double bedroom with two bunk beds
- A bathroom with shower
- Outside garden
- Lounge with TV, sofa and appliances
NOTE: Casera Pian Grand is divided into two areas: Casera Pian Grand and Casera Pian Grand Wellness-Lodge.
Casera Pian Grand Wellness (Wellness & SPA Chalet)
As its own detached part of “Casera Pian Grand”, the Wellness Lodge accommodates up to four people with its 70 square meters. As valid for all lodges, wifi is also included.
Amenities in Casera Pian Grand Wellness:
- A special feature of “Casera Wellness” is the modern wellness area located on the first floor which offers: sauna, Turkish bath and relaxation area.
- Double bedroom with mezzanine and two additional single beds
- Living area with fireplace, hob and various appliances
Additional luxury accommodation & chalets in Alpago:
At the moment (year 2021), those listed above are all available luxury options, but the page will be updated as new alternatives become available in the future. For any questions or additional information you can contact us here.