For swimming enthusiasts, Alpago offers several alternatives. In this article we will cover the two main options:
- Swimming immersed in nature at Lake Santa Croce
- Swimming in regular swimming pools in Alpago
Swimming in lake Santa Croce
Practicing open water swimming in Alpago is a healthy, fun and relaxing activity. In addition to avoiding the crowds of the chaotic Venetian coast, Lake Santa Croce can offer an experience of total immersion in nature, in harmony with your body and the surrounding environment.
Generally speaking, swimming at Lake Santa Croce is safe. As in any water sport, it is highly advisable to pay attention to common sense (eg: use of a life jacket, stay close to the shore where possible, not diving from rocks into shallow water, etc.)
Potrebbe anche interessarti: Le Migliori Ville, Casere e Appartamenti di Lusso in Alpago
The shores and access points to the lake are abundant, but the most popular spots for relaxing and swimming in comfort and safety are the following:
- Farra d’Alpago beach: this beach is located a short distance from the center of Farra and can be reached on foot. In addition, the beach is equipped with parking lots, food and drink kiosks, and is manned by lifeguards during summer months.
Farra Beach Map
- Sirens’ Bay (or Baia delle Sirene in Italian): this beach is located on the southern coast of the lake and is more secluded than the Farra beach. Sirens’ Bay is located a short distance from the village of Santa Croce, and has a small bar by the lake with a grand view of the wonderful Alpago mountains.
Map of the Sirens’ Bay
Swimming pools in Alpago
For those who love swimming in regular swimming pools, that’s also an option in Alpago. The swimming pool is located near the municipal sports facilities in Tambre, it has step-free access, and is equipped with:
- 6-lane swimming pool,
- A small whirlpool tub,
- Wellness area with sauna, turkish bath and jacuzzi,
- Gym and bar area.
The pool staff often organize activities (eg: water aerobics & aquafitness) and swimming classes for children and adults, but it can also be used as a decompression space to wind down and relax after a day of hiking in the mountains.
Where is the Tambre swimming pool located?
Via Campei, 44, 32010, Tambre, BL
Map of Tambre swimming pool
Tambre swimming pool opening hours *
* NOTE: Times displayed were in effect pre-COVID and subject to change. It is strongly recommended to call their front desk at the following number: +39 333 715 9602
In conclusion, whether you are fond of swimming in swimming pools or in the midst of unspoiled nature, Alpago will be able to fulfill any of your swimming desires.